Rev. Daniel Ross-Jones (he/him/his) is Associate Conference Minister for the Northern California Nevada Conference of the United Church of Christ.
While a native of northern Minnesota’s Mesabi Iron Range, he was ordained at Plymouth Church in Milwaukee, Wis. by the Southeast Association of the Wisconsin Conference in 2011, having discovered the UCC in his young adulthood.
He has served in local churches in California, Illinois, Minnesota and New Zealand. Additionally, he has served as a university chaplain and as regional denominational staff in Wisconsin.
Daniel has earned degrees from Carthage College, McCormick Theological Seminary, and San Francisco State University. Additionally, he holds an Executive Certificate in Religious Fundraising from the Lake Institute on Faith and Giving at the Lilly Family School of Philanthropy at Indiana University. He lives in Silicon Valley with his husband, Andrew, and is a member of First Congregational Church of Palo Alto (UCC).
Contact & Schedule Details
Daniel’s Sabbath day is Monday. His administrative support staff person is Elane Johnson.
Portfolio of Responsibilities
- First point of contact for Local Churches in the Golden Gate, Santa Clara, and Sequoia Associations
- Accessibility and inclusion
- Campus ministries
- Ecumenical relationships
- New and emerging ministries (Committee on Ministry, Section C)
- Philanthropy and stewardship
- Program evaluation/organizational effectiveness
- Polity, history, and theology of the United Church of Christ