The 2020 Annual Gathering will be June 18-20, 2020 at Sonoma State University. Registration is open — get the early bird discount by registering by February 29, 2020.
In the covenantal polity of the United Church of Christ, sole vested authority in all of our settings is the annual meeting of that expression. One of the ways we describe our free association with one another is like wider circles, as opposed to authoritative hierarchy.
Within the Northern California Nevada Conference, we come together in a spectacular celebration of our shared ministry each year in the Annual Gathering. Together we speak prophetically as an assembled, united voice; we support and nurture one another in our varied ministries; and we discern the Holy Spirit’s movement in our midst.
The Annual Gathering speaks to, not for local churches and ministries. Its decisions are binding at the Conference setting only — each Authorized Minister and local church engages their covenantal responsibility by interpreting and implementing actions by the Annual Gathering with the highest respect in light of their own convictions and local ministry understandings.
But for many people, even more than the primary function of gathering for business and decision-making, Annual Gathering is a time of community-building, learning, worship, and celebration. No matter who you are or where you are in your journey with the United Church of Christ — you are most encouraged at Annual Gathering!
- Standing Rules 2019-2020
- Submitting Resolutions to Business Committee (past for 2019)
- Survival and Revitalization of the California Council of Churches and California Church IMPACT
- Establishing an Action Team to Conduct a Listening Campaign and Bring Recommendations on the Future of Christian Witness at General Synod
- Let Justice Roll Down: Declaring Support for the Green New Deal and Affirming the Intersectionality of Climate Justice with all Justice Issues
- To Become a WISE Conference for Mental Health