A few weeks ago we announced that the listening sessions planned for April and May were to be moved on-line. In light of the escalation of this crisis, we are now re-shaping these sessions to address particular topics that will be supportive to churches, pastors and lay leaders. The first three topics and dates of these workshops are:
- April 22, 10-11:30 a.m., Meeting needs in your solo-pastor church (Facilitated by Rev. Jason Hubbard, Pastor at UCC Petaluma). Click HERE for recording.
- April 23, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Meeting needs in your multi-staff church (Facilitated by Rev. Molly Baskette, Pastor at First Church Berkeley) Click HERE for recording.
- April 24, 10-11:30 a.m., Confronting death, supporting grief, and conducting funerals while sheltering in place (Facilitated by Rev. Evelyn Vigil, Bereavement Coordinator, Heartland Hospice) Click HERE for the recording.
- April 30, 10-11:30 a.m., Church Finances (Rev. Andrew Warner, UCC Generosity Officer) Click HERE for recording.
- May 5, 4-5:30 p.m., How to Plan for What’s Next (Facilitated by Rev. Ann Hoffmann, Pastor at First Congregational Church Santa Rosa) Click HERE for recording.
- May 7, 2:30-4 p.m., “Online Worship and Meetings”. This session will focus on questions, best practices, needs and hopes as we live into continued Shelter in Place orders. (Facilitated by Revs. Diane Weible and Daniel Ross-Jones.) Click HERE for recording.
- May 26, 11-12:30 p.m., Practices for coping with stress and anxiety (Facilitator: Capacitar International) Click HERE for recording. (For additional resources, visit Capacitar International‘s website.)
- May 27, 5-6:30 p.m., Choral and Congregational Singing (Facilitator: Jenny Matteucci, FCC Palo Alto)
- June 3, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Planning for reopening (Facilitator: Diane Weible)
Join any session by clicking HERE.
Each workshop will be facilitated by someone with experience on each of these topics and offer space for clergy and lay leaders to share their experience and ask questions.
Details on additional sessions and topics will be announced in next week’s newsletter.